Thursday, October 21

Kurt Vile [In My Time 7'', Matador Records]


Its always cool to hear a new song performed live by one of your favorite artists and wonder what the hell it is your listening to. You madly go through the artists' entire catalog of songs trying to figure out where you heard those lyrics and melody. Soon, despair sets in and you give up until four months later the label releases a PR email with said song as the mp3 download off of the upcoming record release. Case in point, Kurt Vile's latest 7'' single, "In My Time" is a perfect example. I heard him play the song during Woodsist Fest at Big Sur back in June and thought I was going crazy about where I had heard this song. I've been listening to it for some time now from footage I shot from the show but could never figure out the title. I am glad to know I wasn't going mad but the song I heard so long ago is probably the first single to be released off the new album due in 2011. The single will be accompanied by two other new tracks with a November 9th release date (October 25th digitally). I finally have some closure over the issue; thanks Matador for resolving the issue.


Catch Kurt Vile and The Violators (co-headlining with The Soft Pack) in San Francisco November 9th at Rickshaw Stop





Here is said video (bad audio, no mic at that time)


No comments:

Post a Comment