Tuesday, July 27

Angel Olsen [Strange Cacti CS, Bathetic Records]

When it comes to folk music I can't really explain why I like an artist or album over another. For me, its either I'm into or I'm not, straight up black and white. So if I were to explain at length why Angel Olsen appeals to me I don't think I would be able to say enough to convince someone else to like it or even spend hard earned money to buy it. I believe that is just the nature of the beast that is folk music; it can sound really good or really bad, soothing or irritating. I truly love the honesty that consume Olsen's lyrics, she's open and passionate about her songs and with each emotion she brings out, one can feel the pain or joy that goes along with it.








The cassette can be picked up here


video [via]


No comments:

Post a Comment