Friday, March 11

Cyrus Malachi [Master Builders, No Cure Records]

Readers of this blog and twitter account may have come to the conclusion that I've been frustrated by the Rap game for some time. I'm a man of the old school, when Hip Hop was Hip Hop and actually had something to say. But as the 2K hit, things changed and ever since I've had to search hard to find something to fill my soul. I know absolutely nothing about this artist I'm blogging about but I don't really care. Cyrus Malachi's music is everything I love about Hip Hop; a sampled soulful track with smart rhymes and lyrics. If the album Ancient Future is as strong as this track then this will be one record to not pass up. 


Master Builders feat Bronze Nazareth & The Wisemen
 


The record drops April 11th and can be pre-ordered here


2 comments:

  1. Totally with you on the rap thing Robert. Rap had mostly lost my interest in the past few years (with a few notable exceptions). Most of the rap I'd actually enjoyed were almost as much pop stars as they were rappers - which is sorta intended as a damning accusation since I think rap is best when it is revolutionary. But in the past few months I've found some folks to catch my interest (Blu, Mainframe, Shabazz Palaces, Phred Diamond, etc.). This one is a great find too. I love that soul sample!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on those artists. I'll definitely give them a listen to

    ReplyDelete